Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Team Rashad or Team Jon Jones... I Choose. You Vote.

What do you do when two of your favourite fighters face each other? Who do you cheer for? This is my dilemma for this Jon Jones vs. Rashad fight. I love these guys. I've had Rashad's back ever since Matt Hughes whined about his showboating and tried to target him as the weak link on the 2nd season of the Ultimate Fighter. And I've been riding on the Jon Jones bandwagon ever since I seen him do this to Stephan Bonnar....DAMNNNN!!!

So who to choose? Well, when it comes to their drama they have going on from their Greg Jackson Team days, I initially thought Rashad was being a bit too petty. But after watching the Primetime episode this week, it made me realize something... THEY SCREWED RASHAD.


I can understand that feeling of betrayal that Rashad feels. He helped take that Greg Jackson gym when it was nothing and turn it into one of the most highly successful teams in MMA. Then the new kid comes along. Rashad is reluctant to bring him in because he doesn't want to train with some one he will have to face down the road (understandable). Greg Jackson reassures him that everything will be fine and he has his back no matter what. Rashad then gives it the green light and they become a big happy family. I could see them tra-la-la-ing up and down the hill of tears in New Mexico.

But then Jon Jones had to go and mess it up. He totally caved to the pressure of public opinion and Ariel Helwani and opened up the door to a possible fight with Rashad. On the other hand Rashad kept the pact intact when ever he faced that question. Look at how he handles that "will you ever fight Jon Jones?" question  here at the 3:22 mark.



So I get what Rashad went through in feeling betrayed. It probably didn't help that he was dealing with the fallout from his divorce either. Although I don't hate Jon Jones for how he handled the situation at all, I do hope he realizes that you don't have to take a fight or do anything just because Dana White says so. It's Jon's world too and it's important that he looks out for what's in his best interest sometimes.


But having said all of that, as you could probably guess, I'm rolling with Rashad on this one. Rashad being a massive underdog in this fight makes me want to root for him even more. The thing is, if his run on the  ultimate fighter, his rise to becoming a world champion, or battling all of these injuries to work his way up to the get  the title shot again are any indication, Rashad seems to do quite nicely for himself when he is the underdog.


So what team are you rolling with on April the 21st? Vote below. Thanks for checking out the blog and be sure to come back often for more MMA goodness. 




Which team are you on for this fight. Team Rashad or Team Jones







  
pollcode.com free polls 



No comments:

Post a Comment